What the f*** is Kobe wearing!?!


I might be rooting for Boston Celtics (or anything from the Eastern Conference that is not the Orlando Magic), but I have grown to love the livewire that is Kobe Bryant ever since he changed his number from 8 to 24.

It seems that triggered a “humble” reaction not seen during the years he thought he was the star of the Los Angeles Lakers instead of Shaquille O’Neal.

That is why I can’t be pleased looking at this.

These so-called fashion experts need to stay away from basketball and sports in general. Actually, let me change my statement: THESE SO-CALLED FASHION EXPERTS THAT THINKS THAT THEIR CRAZY WARDROBE WILL MAKE THEM A HIT IN WHATEVER WORLD THEY MIGHT THINK THEY ARE FROM NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM BASKETBALL AND SPORTS IN GENERAL!

Whew. That’s better.


When Fashion TV (or FTV) was still in my cable, I always watch the channel to scour for fashion week. First of all, let me say to you that yeah, naked women all the time flood my screen.

For that and FOR THAT REASON ALONE is the reason why I watch the channel.

Dammit, I really miss surfing for artsy French movies with breast exposure in cable.

Anyway, this was during my college years. On the course of my viewing pleasure, I understood a lot of things in terms of fashion. I learned that most of the designers are either “artistic” snobs, Goths, homosexuals, and really, really ugly people. I understood that most of what they are making will never get worn by everyday people. And most of all, some of their “creations” are basically garbage.

This leads me to Kobe Bryant’s L.A. "White Hot" Times Magazine photo shoot. If you look at Kobe’s face, it seems like he’d be better off posing for a mug shot rather than this shit. Maybe I’m so used to seeing the Mamba wearing purple and gold but I just couldn’t see him look like a bald, African woman that has to wear white to not look like a FN shadow. I am not being racist here but oftentimes that’s the look these women usually get during ramp sessions. There is a shot with him looking like a pilgrim which is followed by another shot where he is showed looking like a refugee.

Fashion and sports can mix. Just look at David Beckham. For players, it’s all about the image. Allen Iverson’s made him a bigger figure with the way his bling is being accentuated by his getup. Hell even Dennis Rodman, the oddest fashion sense ever, became a bigger basketball star because of he wears his clothes (for lack of better terms to the cloths that drape him). Without fashion, basketball shoes might be technologically-sound but with the way they are fashioned, people might not even use them whenever they go to their hangouts. It took a lot of guts for Kobe to not say no in wearing these beastly creations. Whoever is representing Kobe should be ashamed to what his client got. There is a reason why there aren’t any tight cutaway halter top jerseys in the world of basketball.

Kobe could be in depth to the person in charge of this mag or is served up a lot of though to put up with this shit. DOES THAT FACE LOOK LIKE HE'S ENJOYING THE SHOOT!?! HEEELLLL NO!!!! Even if you this is an act, you can still see the disdain that Kobe is feeling. Maybe when he was asked for this shoot, he thought he would be wearing a white suit or a white Chinese-collared shirt! I have to commend Kobe for being professional to bail out for this shoot. Hell, maybe LeBron James would follow suit and dresses out of cellphone casings and dried mango tree twigs!!! Nonetheless, if there is a time to ban sports from haute cultures…

This is the proper time to do so.

Game over.

0 Awesome Critics:

Post a Comment