The Statmonkey of the Day: November 17, 2010




Just when you think you know all the answers, he all of a sudden changes the questions. Shame on you doubters of Tim Duncan because you’re looking at the Statmonkey of the Day!

Well yeah, The Big Fundamental hasn’t been his normal self lately but if you look at the current San Antonio Spurs roster, is there a big man in their lineup that can put up the numbers just like Timmy D?

Before anything else, Tim Duncan is tied up top with Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Love. However, due to Duncan being part of my fantasy squad (ahem... ahem) … he takes the cake. Duncan had 16 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal, and two blocks in 34 minutes in their winning effort against the Chicago Bulls, 103 to 94. Love on the other hand helped the Wolves in their win against the Clippers, 113 to 111, by knocking in 24 points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, two steals, and a block in 37 minutes of action.

Aside from Duncan and Love, making waves today are Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook, Los Angeles Clippers’ Blake Griffin, and Utah Jazz’ Paul Millsap.

By the way, I have eight players playing today and I was happy the almost all of them played well. I can’t really blame Doc Rivers for benching Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce as well as I can’t blame Phil Jackson for benching Kobe Bryant in the fourth quarter because at this point, Boston and the Lakers have destroyed their competition. Luis Scola was two rebounds short from scoring a double-double but I’m happy at this feat. Eric Bledsoe is someone that I can keep even with the return of Baron Davis. Jarrett Jack? He seems to be a great addition to my squad although I barely felt that today.

With their great showing, I managed to sneak to the third spot. With one game tomorrow though, I’m hoping that the points I garnered would be enough to keep me afloat in two days time.

Game over. 

0 Awesome Critics:

Post a Comment