UFC 125 - Preview and Prediction

Just don't mind the Carwin versus Nelson match.
Carwin's injured so that match is off! 


We are hours away from UFC 125.

I am hoping Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard would give as a show but I hope Chris Leben wins.

Anyway, predictions time!


CLAY GUIDA vs TAKANORI GOMI

I am a fan of Clay Guida. He is like that jungle kid from the Wild Thornberrys and I mean this as a compliment. Clay needs to protect himself and at the same time go all out. Gomi is dangerous but I think Guida can handle him.

PREDICTION: GUIDA  


NATE DIAZ vs DONG HYUN KIM

Nate Diaz has been silent as of late and he needs to get a good win. Dong is a good welterweight to use as stepping stone. I’m not being racist here but 2010 was not kind for Asian fighters. I can’t decide who to root for but due to the probability, I’m hoping Dong would open up a great year for Asians!

PREDICTION: DONG HYUN KIM


BRANDON VERA vs THIAGO SILVA

These are two guys that can give you a war. Vera needs to win here. He’s part-Filipino and yeah sure, I like to diss him via PSP when I use him as Brock Lesnar’s sparring partner but without Lesnar belittling the heavyweight division (since Brock is super big), maybe he can use this as a shot to go for the belt. Thiago Silva needs the win as much as Vera and I predict he’ll stop at nothing to prevent a Vera win. I’m going to like this fight and I hope The Truth wins.

PREDICTION: VERA


CHRIS LEBEN vs BRIAN STANN

Man I hope Leben wins here. The guy was awesome against Yoshihiro Akiyama and if he can pull the same rampage he dealt to Sexy-yama to Stann, then Stann is in a world of hurting. Stann seems to know his MMA though and this marine can twist your body and hit you with fist bombs with superb accuracy and power. However I’m going to give Leben my vote here. The more powerful his opponents are, the crazier he gets.

PREDICTION: LEBEN


FRANKIE EDGAR vs GRAY MAYNARD
FOR THE UFC LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

It still shocks you. Edgar proved to the world that his win against BJ Penn wasn’t a fluke. The guy gave Penn two straight reasons to straighten up his act (which resulted to a quick and decisive win against Matt Hughes). Edgar is poised and ready to take on all defenders... especially against the guy who dealt him his only MMA loss. Gray Maynard is flashy and his style is something not for the weak in heart. He has scored wins against erstwhile top dogs Nate Diaz and Kenny Florian and of course, current champ Edgar. Except for the controversial no contest during The Ultimate Fighter finale, Maynard has always had his hands raised.

Hopefully I can see a beautiful bout from these guys. In terms of predicting this shindig, my money is on Maynard. There is something I don’t like in Edgar’s arsenal and while he did beat Penn, maybe a win against Maynard can tell people otherwise.

PREDICTION: MAYNARD


As we wait for the dawning of UFC 125...

Game over!

0 Awesome Critics:

Post a Comment