Samurai X the Movie!



I was checking out History Channel’s Samurai documentary (starring Mark Dacascos) when I stumbled on Miyamoto Musashi. Musashi is credited as the greatest samurai in his generation. All of sudden it reminded me of Samurai X. I was reading the Wikipedia account of Samurai X and it came to me that they are planning to make a live action movie of the series. It will be then turned into a live action TV series and it will be available for the international audiences.

I was a fan of the series because it is pseudo-historical, it’s not that serious (although the situations are thought-provoking) and the way it was handled is cool.

Anyway, popular Japanese actor Takeru Satoh is slated to portray Battousai the Slasher. He looks decent enough to play Kenshin Himura. Add the X and the long hair (not necessarily red) and we got our selves Mr. Samurai X!








Playing Kamiya Kaoru, the love interest of Kenshin is Emi Takei. Here are her pics.










Anyway, the production of the live action movie is currently ongoing and the film could be screened internationally on 2012. No word yet on whether or not other series characters like Sanosuke Sagara, Yahiko, Sato, Aoshi, and Misao.  

I’m personally looking forward for the film and the eventual series. I was happy with how the Gokusen and Great Teacher Onizuka live action series happened and hopefully the Rurouni Kenshin series does the same as well.

Game over.

0 Awesome Critics:

Post a Comment