Remembering 9/11



We are going to mark a decade of fear, violence, and terrorism.

Osama Bin Laden failed to live to see this day but honestly, despite my inklings to not wish people ill (haha), but he DID made a lot of people suffer.

September 11, 2001

I mean, I remember that day as a cruel joke. My dad works as a news producer while my mom serves as news program director at the National Broadcasting Network for more than 30 years now. They usually go to work at around 1pm and get off at 10pm but on that fateful day Tuesday, they went home late. I hate them doing extra work because it’s not as if the government station has money to give them. I mean, they still earn good back in Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s term despite the lack of overtime and other benefits (I know this firsthand because I worked in the station for almost two years), but right now... NBN-4 is also known as Channel Poor – no thanks to the current administration’s lack of support.

Anyway, I was curious on why they have yet to go home. And then I turned on Channel 4... to see a plane crash to the unburned part of the World Trade Center! I was shocked as hell because... WHAT THE HELL! Two towers hit in the same day? WHAT IS HAPPENING!

And then another crash happened in some field and another in the F’N Pentagon!

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL IS HAPPENING!?!

So then the reality sunk in.

We are in a war with terror.




Years after that fateful day, the talibans of Pakistan, the terrorists of Afghanistan, and even Saddam Hussein in Iraq were little by little getting hunted and annihilated. But then a bunch of attacks were unleashed with the most prominent being London, Madrid, and Bali. Abu Sayyaf group, the extremists in the Philippines, is also hunted down because they support the Al-Qaeda network. As of this moment, the landscape in the Middle East is now changing with protests and conflicts, America and the rest of the first world countries are suffering from economic downslides, and the lack of religion in people as technology evolves.




9/11 showed as the other side of being human. While it brought fear and anger, it also showed heroism, vigilance, and urgency – three things that before the tragedy was seldom-seen in a worldwide scale.

Let’s continue to remember the people that sacrificed their lives.

In our way, let’s make their valor not in vain. 

I'm going to end this with a tribute from the unlikeliest of sources. 




Game over.

0 Awesome Critics:

Post a Comment